Friday 28 December 2012

Why Do We Fall?

Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy has always been among my favourite movies of all time. Style, action and fantasy aside, its complete package also comes with loads of memorable lines and inspirational quotes, which easily hit the hearts of melancholies like me spot on.

Someone said something to me today which sort of reminded me of one of the scenes in Batman Begins, where Alfred said something inspirational to Bruce Wayne:
"Why do we fall, sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up."
 

Falling, and picking ourselves up. It's all part of our learning process in life. We used to do that a lot when we first learned how to walk as a little child. Occasionally we would cry out loud when we fall hard on our face or chin. But after that, we would pick ourselves up again, and take our next step.

So what have I learned from this?
  • Every fall lets us realize the mistake we had done.
  • Every cry lets us release the emotional stress and disappointment of missing our target.
  • After every cry we would calm down, reflect and re-strategize how to get ourselves up again.
  • Every time we get back on our feet, we further strengthen our mentality and improvise our skills.
Just like the famous song,
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

I really cherished the times I fell. The bigger the fall, the harder the impact, the stronger I become.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment