Saturday 8 December 2012

The Magical Way Out of Negativity

"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, as least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful." ~ Gautama Buddha

Most of the time, we try to get ourselves out of a very negative event in life by distracting ourselves with other activities, or distancing ourselves away from it. In a way, we're just merely avoiding it. The negative event is still there to keep haunting us.


After reading and applying the steps listed in this chapter from "The Magic", I have found that the ONLY way out of negativity is to learn how to be grateful for the problem or negative situation in your life that you really want to resolve. Learn how to EMBRACE the problem, instead of despising or running away from it.

Here are the 3 simple steps:
  1. Choose one problem or negative situation in your life that you most want to resolve.
  2. List TEN things that you are grateful for about the negative situation.
  3. At the end of your list, write: Thank you, thank you, thank you, for the perfect resolution.
Example, for a person who is currently facing unemployment, try saying this:
  • I am so grateful to have had more time for my family during this period.
  • I am grateful that I have my health and that I can work.
  • I am grateful for all the things I've learned in applying for jobs and in going for interviews.
I have tried these 3 simple steps, and they have really worked for me. I urge you to try them as well, and let me know if they also worked for you.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment