Thursday 13 December 2012

Magical People Who Made A Difference

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each one of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." ~ Albert Schweitzer, Nobel Peace Prize Winner.

Have you ever received help, support or guidance from someone just when you needed it the most?

Have you ever experienced being touched by an angel during the darkest hours of your life?

I believe most of us did. And yet, as life goes on, somehow we would tend to forget those times when one person touched us or changed our life for the better. That is when the magic starts to disappear, we slowly get back to our old habits, and finally into another bout of darkness waiting to be rescued once again.


All these can be stopped by practicing gratitude towards the people who have touched your life like an angel. Try these two simple steps:
  1. Find a quiet place alone sometime during today, and make a list of three people who made a difference in your life.
  2. Work through the list one person at a time, and while talking out loud (as though they were present) tell each person the reason why you're grateful to them, and exactly how they affected the course of your life.
Here's one of my gratitude statements:

Dear Dr Covey, I would like to thank you for being an inspiration to me during the darkest period of my life. Your best selling book "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" has been a spiritual compass in guiding me out of darkness. You have taught me about the freedom of choice that I have in choosing my response towards the various stimulus in life. You have taught me about the importance of principles and the effectiveness of inside-out approach in positively changing the outcome of my life. The 7 habits will continue to serve me for many years to come. I can't thank you more for the positive impact and foot prints that you have left in my wonderful life journey. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Dr Covey!
I believe you will feel a huge difference in the way that you feel after you've completed this practice.

For sure I did.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment