Thursday 20 December 2012

Important Lessons in Leadership

Three important lessons I learned about leadership today:
  1. Nobody wants to stay in the team of a "leader" who makes people feel stupid, useless, redundant, isolated and excluded.
  2. Always treat people with heart and sincerity. Don't be a hypocrite who treats people as a "someone" when they are on the rise, and treat people as a "nobody" when they are on the decline. Even on their decline, peo...ple still see you as their leader who has once led them to their rise.
  3. To grow as a leader, you need to have a big heart to accept and forgive the people who have done #1 and #2 to you, and move on with the awareness to stop this vicious cycle from passing on to someone else.
I would like to thank all of you from the very bottom of my heart for teaching me these invaluable lessons today.
 
To those of you who have ever felt being at the receiving end of #1 and #2 from me, please accept my sincere apology. I assure you that it was not at all intentional, and I'll be more aware of #1, #2 and #3 from now onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment