Friday 1 March 2013

Greet Your Day with Love

One of the most important traits that great leaders have is that they are full of compassion for their people. Compassion is a form of love. In other words, great leaders are well respected by their people, because they love their people.
"Compassion is the understanding or empathy for the suffering of others. It is regarded as a fundamental part of human love, and a cornerstone of greater social interconnection and humanism - foundational to the highest principles in philosophy, society, and personhood." ~ Wikipedia
In the context of compassion, love is our strongest shield against adversity and negativity. I particularly love this two parts of the sacred scroll in this book "The Greatest Salesman in the World" by Og Mandino:

I will greet this day with love in my heart.
For this is the greatest secret of success in all ventures. Muscle and split a shield and even destroy life but only the unseen power of love can open the hearts of men and until I master this art I will remain no more than a peddler in the market place. I will make love my greatest weapon and none on whom I call can defend against its force.
I will greet this day with love in my heart.
But how will I react to the actions of others? With love. For just as love is my weapon to open the hearts of men, love is also my shield to repulse the arrows of hate and the spears of anger. Adversity and discouragement will beat against my new shield and become as the softest of rains. My shield will protect me in the market place and sustain me when I am alone. It will uplift me in moments of despair yet it will calm me in time of exultation. It will become stronger and more protective with use until one day I will cast it aside and walk unencumbered among all manners of men and, when I do, my name will be raised high on the pyramid of life.
Start greeting your day with love, and you will succeed against the adversity and negativity surrounding you.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment