Thursday 2 January 2014

My Report Card for 2013

I remember when I was in school, whenever I scored well in my exams, I would make sure that everyone knew how well I scored even before they started asking; whereas, whenever I scored badly in my exams, I would make sure that nobody knew how badly I scored unless they started asking.

Yes, I have to admit. I was such a "kiasu". Even after so many years of toning down, I am still kind of "kiasu". Something that I should be proud of perhaps  :)

In the midst of facing my own "kiasu-ness", a sentence suddenly appeared in my mind:
"Accomplish or do not begin." ~ school motto of Bukit Mertajam High School

Even though I did not achieve all the things which I have listed in my Resolution for Year 2013, in lieu with the spirit of the above motto, I still think that I should give myself a personal assessment of how well I had fared in 2013.



So, here you go, presenting to you, my Report Card for 2013:
  1. Books: Complete reading 25 books or more by 31 December 2013.
    • Score: 60%
  2. Blog: Post 365 blog articles or more by 31 December 2013.
    • Score: 51%
  3. Charity: Donate 10% of my business income or more to charity every month throughout 2013.
    • Score: 100%
  4. Business: Develop a sizeable asset of RM250,000 or more in annual turnover by 31 December 2013.
    • Score: 92%
  5. Health: Complete at least 30 minutes of exercise every day from now till 31 December 2013.
    • Score: 20%
  6. Toastmasters: Complete my High Performance Leadership speechcraft project for Motorola and submit my application for Advanced Leader Silver award by 31 May 2013.
    • Score: 0%
  7. Toastmasters: Complete my 10 advanced communication manual speeches and submit my application for Advanced Communicator Gold award by 15 June 2013.
    • Score: 100%
  8. Toastmasters: Submit my application for Distinguished Toastmasters award by 30 June 2013.
    • Score: 0%
  9. Health: Complete a half marathon in less than 2.5 hours by 31 December 2013.
    • Score: 0%
  10. Charity: Participate in blood donation once every 3 months throughout 2013.
    • Score: 50%
  11. Religion: Perform Buddhist Dana at least once every month throughout 2013.
    • Score: 100%
  12. Charity: Do someone a huge favour at least once a week throughout 2013.
    • Score: 100%

I accomplished 5 items out of 12 in my Year 2013 Resolution...not bad considering my past record of "never accomplished any of my resolutions"...I should give myself a pat on my back...hahaha...  :)

To all my family members and loved ones, my business partners and mentors, my friends and buddies, my working associates, and everyone whom I had crossed path with for the past year...I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a part of this wonderful year!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment