Monday 20 January 2014

Asking the Right Questions


Here's another lesson I learned yesterday, a simple illustration of why learning how to ask the right question is very important if you want to succeed in life.
Man: Will you be my girlfriend?
Woman: Before I answer yes or no, let me ask you, do you have a bungalow? Yes or no?
Man: No.
Woman: Do you have a BMW? Yes or no?
Man: No.
Woman: Do you have a 5-figure salary? Yes or no?
Man: No.
Woman: You don't have a bungalow. You don't have a BMW. You don't have a 5-figure salary. How can you afford to have me as your girlfriend?
And so the woman left.
The man stood there wondering.
Man: What's wrong with this woman...I don't have a bungalow, but I have 5 penthouses. I hate BMWs, that's why I drive a Lamborghini. I hire hundreds of employees for my company, how can she expect I have a 5-figure salary?

Funny? But true.

Many times people ask "Can I really become successful?". Obviously, the answer is in their hands. But most of the times asking this question will make them lose their confidence more than gaining confidence.

Instead, people should learn how to ask "What do I need to do to become successful?" Because, the answer to this question is the SOLUTION to become successful, not just a yes or no answer.

If you want to achieve your dreams and goals, learn how to ask the right questions  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment