Thursday 11 July 2013

Living Within Your Means



Let's say your children ask you this...
"Daddy/Mommy, I want a piano! I want to learn how to play a piano! Can you buy me a piano?"
But at the moment, you're tied up financially and are not able to afford it.

Honestly, how would you respond to your children?

A - "It's very expensive, dear. We can't afford it. It's better for you to study hard now and get a good paying job in future. You don't earn much as a pianist."

B - "Why do you want to learn piano? There's nothing good about playing piano. It's a waste of time. Go read your book."

C - "Ok, we'll figure out how we can get it for you. But first, you need to prove it to me that you're really really serious about this. Deal?"

If your answer is C, I'm looking for you. Please PM me if you want more information.
philippe.yjlee83@gmail.com


In my opinion, if your answer is
A - You're asking your children to forget about their dream.
B - You're demonizing your children's dream.
C - You're teaching your children an important principle of success - fight for their dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment