Tuesday 13 August 2013

Multiply Your Value A Hundredfold

I'm very motivated by this piece of literature below by Og Mandino. It reminds me of the unique potential in me which I have yet to multiply to serve a greater purpose. I hope it triggers the same thoughts and feelings in you.


Today I will multiply my value a hundredfold.
I am liken to a grain of wheat which faces one of three futures. The wheat can be placed in a sack and dumped in a stall until it is fed to swine. Or it can be ground to flour and made into bread. Or it can be placed in the earth and allowed to grow until its golden head divides and produces a thousand grains from the one.
I am liken to a grain of wheat with one difference. The wheat cannot choose whether it be fed to swine, ground for bread, or planted to multiply. I have a choice and I will not let my life be fed to swine nor will I let it be ground under the rocks of failure and despair to be broken open and devoured by the will of others.
Today I will multiply my value a hundredfold.
To grow and multiply it is necessary to plant the wheat grain in the darkness of the earth and my failures, my despairs, my ignorance, and my inabilities are the darkness in which I have been planted in order to ripen. Now, like the wheat grain which will sprout and blossom only if it is nurtured with rain and sun and warm winds, I too must nurture my body and mind to fulfill my dreams. But to grow to full stature the wheat must wait on the whims of nature. I need not wait for I have the power to choose my own destiny.
Today I will multiply my value a hundredfold.
One grain of wheat when multiplied a hundredfold will produce a hundred stalks. Multiply these a hundredfold, ten times, and they will feed all the cities of the earth. Am I not more than a grain of wheat?
Today I will multiply my value a hundredfold.

Everyone of us has a unique potential. Have it not been multiplied to serve a greater purpose (just like the wheat which grows to feed cities), it would have gone wasted hiding inside us (just like the wheat which is fed to swine), or not fulfilling its full potential (just like the wheat which is ground for bread).

I urge you to discover your unique qualities and learn how to multiply it!

No comments:

Post a Comment