Tuesday 11 February 2014

A Little Wisdom on Giving

Recently, I received a little bookmark from an old friend of mine, who has been serving full time at the Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation for the past few years. As a result of her selfless involvement in this foundation, I had decided a year ago that 10% of my business income would go to this charity foundation. Because, all I wanted was to see my funds being put to good use  :)

This is the bookmark.


Doing nothing and idling time away consumes life. Giving to others with total dedication creates life. ~ Dharma Master Cheng Yen

Some people whom I have met, they kept saying they have no time for this, no time for that, but yet time and again you would see them spending their time whetting their sensual pleasure - consuming life.

Do they really have no time? With this new perspective, I have to agree that they indeed have no time. Because they have CONSUMED their own time. Just as simple as that.

If we were to look at the bigger picture, and think of ourselves as having a unique purpose to contribute to this world while we're still alive, giving to others with total dedication, we would find ourselves having more time and energy to contribute to the world with every successful giving.

My friend has dedicated her life to create life for others through spiritual means. I'm definitely inspired to do the same, thus dedicating my life to create life for others through intellectual and financial means.

If this quote resonates with you, I urge you to embrace the spirit of giving and create life for the people around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment