Thursday 24 January 2013

The Power of Visualization

I believe most of us who grew up in the 1990s would definitely know Jim Carrey as one of the best comedians in modern Hollywood cinematography. But how many of us here have got to know about his secret of success?

His secret of success is in utilizing the power of visualization. Here are two separate quotes which he is very well known for:
"I've always believed in magic. When I wasn't doing anything in this town, I'd go up every night, sit on Mulholland Drive, look out at the city, stretch out my arms, and say, 'Everybody wants to work with me. I'm a really good actor. I have all kinds of great movie offers.' I'd just repeat these things over and over, literally convincing myself that I had a couple movies lined up. I'd drive down that hill, ready to take the world on, going, 'Movie offers are out there for me, I just don't hear them yet.' It was like total affirmations, antidotes to the stuff that stems from my family background." ~ Jim Carrey
"I wrote myself a check for ten million dollars for acting services rendered and dated it Thanksgiving 1995. I put it in my wallet and it deteriorated. And then, just before Thanksgiving 1995, I found out I was going to make ten million dollars for Dumb & Dumber. I put that check in the casket with my father because it was our dream together." ~ Jim Carrey

And even Oprah gave her testimonial on the power of visualization in this video clip below:


What Oprah Learned from Jim Carrey

 
"If you can see it, and believe it, it is a lot easier to achieve it." ~ Oprah Winfrey

In "Principle 11 - See What You Want, Get What You See", Jack Canfield says that visualization may be the most underutilized success tool that we possess because it helps create success in three powerful ways:
  1. Visualization activates the creative powers of our subconscious mind.
  2. Visualization focuses our brain by programming its reticular activating system (RAS) to notice available resources that were always there but were previously unnoticed.
  3. Visualization magnetizes and attracts to us the people, resources, and opportunities we need to achieve our goal.
Researchers have found that:
  • Our brain uses the same identical processes it would use if we were only vividly visualizing that activity. In other words, our brain sees no difference whatsoever between visualizing something and actually doing it.
  • (Harvard University) students who visualized in advanced performed tasks with nearly 100% accuracy, whereas students who didn't visualize achieved only 55% accuracy.

If you're still wondering what else you need in order to help you achieve your dreams and goals, you probably need to apply visualization as Jim Carrey did.

No comments:

Post a Comment